We’re actually going to be looking at two scenarios in this section – converting an existing table to text and converting existing text to a table.
Converting Text to a Table
If you have an existing set of text, you can easily convert if from a tabbed list into a table.
1. Highlight the text that you want to convert to a table
2. Choose the Table command in the Table group on the Insert tab
3. Click Convert Text to Table…
Figure 83. Convert Text to Table Dialog Box
4. Set your table columns and AutoFit behavior
5. Click OK
Converting a Table to Text
1. Highlight the rows (or the entire table) that you want to convert to paragraphs
2. Choose the Convert to Text command in the Data group on the Layout
Figure 84. Convert Table to Text Dialog Box
3. Choose how you want your text separated
4. Click OK