Adjusting the margins and the page orientation - Word 2007 makes changes these features easier than ever. There’s no more wading through menus and dialog boxes (unless you really want to) just to change the margins.
Page Orientation can only be one of two choices – either Portrait or Landscape. Portrait prints Short Side x Long Side (i.e. 8.5 x 11). Landscape print Long Side x Short Side (i.e. 11 x 8.5).
Changing the Page Orientation
With page orientation, you only have two options: Portrait and Landscape.
1. Click the Page Orientation command in the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab
2. Select Portrait or Landscape
Margins refer to the amount of white space that appears between your text and the edge of your page while Page Orientation can only be one of two choices – either Portrait or Landscape.
Changing the Margins
1. Click the Margins command in the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab
2. Select one of the margin choices or click Custom Margins
Figure 38. Page Setup Dialog Box - Margins Tab
3. Set your Top, Bottom, Left and Right margins and click OK