Remote from your Home Office
Global Learning Systems (GLS) is a leading enterprise learning solutions provider, with over thirty years of experience offering award winning web-based and blended learning products and programs that help organizations develop professional skills of their human capital resources, as well as meet their business, training & compliance challenges through integrated learning and technology solutions. GLS’ diverse solution set includes WBT product libraries in: Security Awareness & Compliance, Microsoft IT & business skills training curriculum, our OnDemand LMS, a leading cloud based enterprise learning platform, and service offerings that include; consulting, outsourcing and custom learning. Our award-winning training programs have been successfully deployed in Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions and large government based organizations in the US and globally.
Who are we looking for?
To support our continued growth and expanding client base in the US and abroad, we are looking for excited candidates’ with a passion for technology and learning, to join our team to meet the increasing demand for our products and services. We recruit individuals who are looking to join an established team where they can build long-term success and business relationships. Additionally, we are looking for:
- Someone whom, where honesty, integrity, initiative and approach to problem-solving shines through
- Someone whom will align with our team culture.
- Someone whom possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all opportunities for Global Learning Systems, as well as Keystone Learning Systems (KeyStone) IT training programs are captured and explored.
- Someone who is organized, and self-motivated.
- Someone who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Someone who has strong communication skills.
We welcome and encourage you to visit our GLS ( www.globallearningsystems.com ) website and view our products, services & solutions.
The Technical Director will lead the technology vision for the Company, provide strategic leadership to prioritize the day-to-day activities of the Development and IT staff. This person will function in core roles within the company including: Technical Role, Business/Client Role, and Staff/Management Role
Location: Remote from your personal home office with initial on-site training near Baltimore the first 1-2 weeks
Position Type: Permanent
Starting Date: Q2 2017
Onsite/Travel Required: Occasional
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Excellent Company Benefits Package: 401k, Vacation/Holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and more
Description of Responsibilities
Provides Strategic Leadership and Prioritization in regards to the following areas:
- Web Application Development Efforts including:
- Infrastructure (technology updates, capacity, capability)
- Security (threat protection, redundancy, disaster recovery)
- Performance (code optimization)
- Bugs and Functionality Improvements (Bugs—found or introduced, and improvement updates to existing features)
- Feature Development
- Industry-appropriate certification(s)
- Utilization of Resources
- Current utilization assessment
- Setting expectations within current team structure to accomplish priority tasks
- Identify resource gaps (personnel and infrastructure);
- Develop a plan for appropriate resourcing (personnel and infrastructure) for anticipated company growth
- Serves as a technical expert representative across teams, clients, and the information technology industry.
- Offers technical support across practices in offering definition and positioning.
- Possesses significant knowledge of database concepts, programming languages, testing, Object Oriented concepts, Client/server and internet systems architectures
- Defines, communicates and enforces development & IT standards; selects development and IT tools.
- Creates, maintains and enforces process and documentation for development & IT security and disaster recovery
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Assists in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify requirements and evaluate/suggest alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen and maintain lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions and high-quality services to clients.
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Participates in all programs and enforces all policies relating to performance evaluations, career development, and standard policies & procedures.
- Creates an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
- Manages the development and mentoring of technical managers and key technical staff.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Statement
Global Learning Systems and KeyStone Learning Systems, collectively the Company, provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability or other protected classes under the law. Specifically, applicants and/or employees shall not be willfully or intentionally discriminated against by any representative of the Company in accordance with and as defined by federal, state and local non-discrimination laws in every location in which the Company has facilities.
The policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.