SMB Sales Account Manager (2 - 5 years exp. only)
Remote from your Home Office
Global Learning Systems (GLS) is a leading enterprise learning solutions provider, with over thirty years of experience offering award-winning web-based and blended learning products and programs that help organizations develop professional skills of their human capital resources, as well as meet their business, training & compliance challenges through integrated learning and technology solutions. GLS’ diverse solution set includes WBT product libraries in: Security Awareness & Compliance, Microsoft IT & business skills training curriculum, our OnDemand LMS, a leading cloud-based enterprise learning platform, and service offerings that include; consulting, outsourcing and custom learning. Our award-winning training programs have been successfully deployed in Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions and large government based organizations in the US and globally.
To support our continued growth and expanding client base in the US and abroad, we are looking for excited candidates eager to learn, hungry for sales, with a passion for technology and learning, to join our team to meet the increasing demand for our products and services.
We welcome and encourage you to visit our GLS website and view our products, services & solutions.
Location: Remote from your home office
Starting Date: May 15, 2017
Onsite/Travel Required: Occasional - first week onsite training required in MD area.
Salary: Based on experience
Excellent Company benefits package - 401k, Vacation/Holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, an attractive compensation package including commission and more
Who are we looking for?
- We recruit individuals who are looking to move to the next level and join an established team where they can build long-term success and business relationships where honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. To align with our sales team culture, you will need to be tenacious, driven and a highly-motivated sales professional with some experience selling to public, private and government organizations, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities for GLS are captured and explored.
- Responsibility for existing and/or new SMB business leads: expected to be able to work autonomously; however, you will be part of a growing team of people.
- Managing and maintaining a customer pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is up to date using our sales SugarCRM software.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals using appropriate templates, contracts and any further documentation, following GLS contract procedures.
- Responding to SEO generated leads, as well as tenders and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Effectively interact with other GLS departments including the Delivery, Services and Solutions and Administration/Operations teams when handing over campaigns ensuring you fully and correctly brief in all aspects of the sale.
- Keep abreast of client account issues, as well as collecting competitor/industry intelligence.
- You will work in close collaboration with the management team for complex large account qualifications, pitches, proposal responses and capture strategies.
- Ensuring that GLS remains proactive and responsive to prospective client’s requirements.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and support service areas.
Successful GLS SMB sales account managers are proven self-starters, highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and project their enthusiasm for the services offered by the company to their existing and new client accounts.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ sales experience.
- Solution selling experience working with small business client accounts in technology, software, security and learning programs is a plus.
- Ability to listen to a customer; establish rapport, trust and confidence in GLS
- Ability to clearly identify client needs and priorities and craft a client-tailored value proposition leveraging GLS products & service offerings is a must.
- Ability to sell a diverse portfolio of learning products and services based on a client’s needs; with the ability to expand existing client accounts using cross & up selling strategies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
The varied tasks carried out by a GLS sales account professional include:
- Immediate follow up and qualification of leads and opportunities.
- The role requires significant interaction with clients, which principally, over the telephone, email and video conferencing, as well as face to face meetings.
- Understanding customers’ specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs;
- Ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of product technical specifications and other features of GLS systems and processes, and then documenting them;
- Identifying and developing new business through networking;
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently;
- Maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing comparable products and services offered by competitors.
- Meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets;
- Managing your own diary, appointments & work schedule in order to organize and prioritize daily and weekly goals;
- Contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. (Communications, IT, Security, Marketing or Business concentrations are a plus.)
- Extremely high energy and stamina to perform consistently at a high level in a very demanding, yet rewarding environment.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of required sales experience
- Experience with SugarCRM a plus;
- Sales experience in the eLearning, security & compliance, IT, and/or complex solution software sales industries is highly preferred. (relevant experience in the sales, delivery & support of enterprise solutions with an annual growing book of business will be considered.)
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with decision-makers.
- Familiarity with disciplined implementation, industry standards or certification processes, technology and operations risk management is a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals;
Compensation based on experience.
Please only (2 - 5) years experienced applicants need apply.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Statement
Global Learning Systems and KeyStone Learning Systems, collectively the Company, provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability or other protected classes under the law. Specifically, applicants and/or employees shall not be willfully or intentionally discriminated against by any representative of the Company in accordance with and as defined by federal, state and local non-discrimination laws in every location in which the Company has facilities.
The policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.